Featured Post

Custom Homecoming Overalls closed 2019

Custom Homecoming Overalls will be closed for the 2019 season. I am in the process of making studio changes and revaluation of my business.

Saturday, January 3, 2009

Keeping Katy Creative

Photobucket

There are so many fantastically creative and artsie-fartsie people in this world. (Me included!! LOL) But I had the pleasure of meeting someone today who has taken her artsie-fartsie to a brilliant level.
Meet Terri Bieber, Executive Director of ARTreach.
ARTreach is a non-profit organization that provides mentoring and art-related programs to children at risk and others in need. They work through social service agencies, juvinile probation departments and the school districts.
I could go on and on, but you can go check out their blog and website for more of the cool details. I just think this program is FABULOUS and wish I had known about it sooner in life.
Here she is with her way cool ride---an official ART CAR!!!

Photobucket

There is a story behind it and the whole creative process, including a video!! But I don't have ALL the specifics. LOL Only that I believe it took 72 people (all volunteers) and 6 hours to paint this car donated by Don McGill Toyota of Katy. WHAT FABULOUS ART!! Would'nt you have fun driving that??? I know I would!!!
Not to mention what nice person Terri is. Full of ideas.... I can see the glint of paint in her eyes when I talk to her.
Anyhow, here are more pics of her wild wheels!!


Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

Now I am off to convince DH that I need to paint my vehicle Pink & Zebra.....

No comments:

Post a Comment

**Please feel free to leave me a comment, a smile or a wave before you leave!! :0)