Featured Post

Custom Homecoming Overalls closed 2019

Custom Homecoming Overalls will be closed for the 2019 season. I am in the process of making studio changes and revaluation of my business.

Monday, August 4, 2008

Battening Down the Hatches


Ed is coming our way..... That is if he does not hook a bit East before landfall. So far, Ed, short for Edouard, is only a really big Tropical Storm, with sustained winds of 45-50 MPH. The news is reporting that the storm will *probably* make landfall as a class 1 Hurricaine. Winds may gust up to 75 MPH.
Luckily, I am not a Coastal resident, but about 40 miles from Galveston.
However, I am still not taking any chances with my family, home or tiny shop in Old Katy.
I have some work to do inside and outside, not to mention a little grocery shopping. I have to prepare for possible electricty outages, flooding and most importantly, the wind. That means picking all the *stuff* outside and keeping it from where it can fly into a window or something.
I'll keep y'all posted. I am sure everything will be fine..... This is so much better than living through an earthquake. I can see my threat, so it really does not scare me like having an earthquake just sneak up on you. :0)
Later, Gators.
Trev

No comments:

Post a Comment

**Please feel free to leave me a comment, a smile or a wave before you leave!! :0)