Featured Post

Custom Homecoming Overalls closed 2019

Custom Homecoming Overalls will be closed for the 2019 season. I am in the process of making studio changes and revaluation of my business.

Thursday, September 11, 2008

Take a Hike ........ IKE

Photobucket


Here we go again!!!
However, my friends, Ike is heading right towards Galveston and the Texas coast.
Most of the coast has been evacuated and we have been told to "Shelter in Place".
So that is exactly what I am doing!!! I stopped by Walmart for a cut of fabric and stood in line for 15 mins to purchase it. I'll be going back after midnight tonight to stock us up on non perishables and water.
I also packed up just about every thing in the shop and have it crammed into my Axiom. I had to leave the displays there ((chuckle)) as they just won't fit. I am not so worried about anything happening to my little house-shop, but I know Murphy's Law a little too well. If I do NOT prepare for the worst, it'll happen. So I am going to beat Murphy at his own game.
I just want to assure my designers that I am taking great care of their designs and have them safe and sound with me. I won't make them ride out the storm alone!!!
It is 3:30 on Thursday afternoon while I write this, and here is what IKE looks like right now:

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting




Not a lot to write about right now except for our preparations for some wind and rain.
I don't have any gut feelings about bad things happening.... But my sweet DH is so uptight right now with worry. He's out boarding up the windows, cutting down bushes and things that could blow down..... and chaining the kayak to the backyard tree!!! :0)
I'll write later tonight or tomorrow morning with any updates and some other things I have to share!!!
Photobucket


No comments:

Post a Comment

**Please feel free to leave me a comment, a smile or a wave before you leave!! :0)