Featured Post

Custom Homecoming Overalls closed 2019

Custom Homecoming Overalls will be closed for the 2019 season. I am in the process of making studio changes and revaluation of my business.

Sunday, August 28, 2011

My Custom Tom's Shoes

Hi!!! My painted (with Sharpie) Tom's have a little story.

Photobucket

My 9 year old daughter really wanted some Tom's for her 10th birthday, so my 18 yr old son got her a pair from his workplace, Sun & Ski Sports. He guesstimated the size and bought my size instead. LOL So instead of taking them back for a trade, I talked him into letting me keep them and he bought her another pair.
On Lindsey's birthday, we went shopping in the mall he works at and at lunchtime, we stopped in to see him. From out behind the counter he pulls out the COOLEST pair of Tom's (or any shoe, for that matter) One with a sun, the other painted with the moon. I had no idea....!!!

Photobucket

Turns out, the very day of her birthday, S & S had some starving artists there to paint Tom's (for a cost). Of course, since I am an artist, I had to go and investigate.... What mediums are they using? What designs are there? What is the inspiration? etc. I watched and learned and then asked the artist of Lindsey's shoes to sign his work on her shoes. He was pleased, as he had NEVER been asked before!!
When we got home, I immediatly had to Google "Hand Painted Tom's" and only found a handful of images.
That very night I started planning MY pair of custom Tom's.
I searched the house for every Sharpie marker I could find... my art stash, the kids rooms, my kitchen drawers. Then went to the craft store and bought a few more.

Photobucket

My pair Tom's took about 20 hours total to draw. I hope you like them. They are very "Me". Pictures, words, doodles.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

I hope to create many, many more custom Tom's for as many people who will have me design them.

1 comment:

  1. Very awesome! Most amazing art that I've ever seen!!

    ReplyDelete

**Please feel free to leave me a comment, a smile or a wave before you leave!! :0)